Monday 10 January 2011

Another monday bites the dust!

Mondays do so roll round too quickly.

I am always busy on Mondays so the plus side is they do pass very quickly.

Had a good weekend, was busy Saturday with work then housework but had a lovely relaxing Sunday. Took my son B to boxing, we then have to kill 2 hours in town as its not worth driving home. Treated myself to a Starbucks and a little look round the shops. Bought myself a pen from Paperchase (one of my most favourite shops in the world) for only a £1.

Came home and had a chilled afternoon reading & watching TV with the family before cooking a lovely roast dinner. One of my aims this year is to spend better quality time with the family & also take time out to relax. I was ill in November last year and I am sure it was because I was never switching off.

No major amounts have been done towards the office de clutter mission so far. Have tidied one pin board and cleared out a load of books. Still will devote some more time this week. Have a lot to go but am quite organised.

Made dinner tonight with leftovers and have menu planned for the week. This makes so much difference to our shopping bill and there is very little, if any food waste. Also didn't spend any money today. Have to have my car serviced on Friday so aim to get to Thursday with money only being spent on necessary groceries.

One major thing that happened today is that we have booked a mid-week break for August to Center Parcs. I found the price quite reasonable and we are all very excited and really looking forward to it. We now have something good to look forward to and focus on. Have a very motivating picture of where we are staying on my pin board in front of my desk so when I am feeling frustrated & bored with work I can look at it and remind myself what I am working for.

No comments:

Post a Comment